We now have specially trained practice nurses who will look after you.
The specialist nurse can look after you for the conditions listed below; this then leaves the doctors with more time for the conditions the nurses cannot look after.
The nurse will make an appointment with the doctor for you when necessary. You can make an appointment with the nurse by phoning the surgery. Please tell the receptionist exactly what you need to see the nurse for when you phone - that way she can book the right sort of appointment for you.
- Asthma: For advice and support.
- COPD: By GP referral for specialist lung function tests.
- Smoking Cessation: Advice and support to patients trying to give up smoking.
- Diabetes: Tuesdays & Wednesdays of each week. This clinic offers advice and general health check-ups to patients diagnosed with diabetes.
- Hypertension: (high blood pressure).
- Coronary Heart Disease: Angina and heart attack follow-ups.
- Obesity: Advice and support to patients trying to lose weight.
- Well Man/Woman: General overview of health status.
- Blood tests: For patients unable to attend the hospital or the phlebotomist clinic (held on Thursday morning).