Due to the global coronavirus pandemic we are triaging all appointments before our patients are seen.
Please do not visit the practice unless you have been triaged by phone
Once you have been triaged and assessed you will be guided to the most appropriate clinician or be advised to contact the NHS 111 online service or to call 111 if you have no internet access
Pre- booked appointments will now be via a telephone consultation and the doctor will call you. If the doctor advises that a face to face appointment is necessary they will confirm this and arrange a suitable time.
Please bear with us during the exceptionally busy time
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 14 days if you have either:
• a high temperature
• a new, continuous cough
• this action will help protect others in your community while you are infectious
• plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure you can successfully stay at home
• ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
• stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
• sleep alone, if possible
• wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
• stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible
• you do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 14 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
Read our advice about staying at home.
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
• you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
• your condition gets worse
• your symptoms do not get better after 14 days
Click here to: Use the 111 coronavirus service
Welcome to Fordbridge Medical Centre
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
NHS Free Health Check Available
Book your free NHS health check if you are between the ages of 40 -74yrs old and have not had a check in the last 5 years. Telephone surgery to book your appointment and get your health MOT done. Please note these checks are not suitable for those patients that already have preexisting conditions like diabetes, COPD, heart disease, hypertension etc.
We have introduced SMS text messaging for appointment reminders and health info
By providing us with your mobile number you will automatically be entitled to this service – check with reception to make sure we have your up-to-date mobile number. Click here for more information