Test results are normally received from the laboratory by 13:00 and need to be checked by the doctor. Test results are given out between 14:30 and 16:00.
Results will not be given to a third party. This does not apply when the patient is a child or is physically unable to telephone.
An approximate time of how long the results take is:
- Blood /Cholesterol/Urine tests - 7 days
- Sputum - 1 week
- Swabs/Stool/Fungal Infections - 2 weeks
- X-rays and Ultrasounds - 2 - 3 weeks
- Histology - 3 weeks
- Smears - within 6 weeks
All specimens requested by the doctor should be handed into Reception Monday to Friday before 11:00.
Opening Times for Ashford Hospital Tests
- Blood test between 08:30 and 16:45 Monday - Friday.
- X-ray Scans are done between 09:00 and 16:00 Monday - Friday.
- Ultrasound scans are by appointment only.
This is only available to patients who are incapacitated or who have a medical need for transport. We can only arrange transport for the first outpatient appointment, and then only if it is clinically necessary. Subsequent hospital transport must be arranged at the outpatient transport desk before you leave the hospital and cannot be arranged by the surgery. Should you fail to do this it is not the responsibility or authorisation of the Practice to arrange any further transport procedures.